This Week: Popepocryphal

Day 1: Tacoma to Eugene

Tonight, I talk about the drive from Tacoma to Eugene.   Also, since I’m tired and need to wind down, I talk about Dune, prayer, Baseball, driving, and conspiracy theory radio.   Not in that order.

Here’s the video that Annique from the Netherlands was talking about in her email.

As it happens, the game with the Vancouver Canadians (one of the few border-crossing teams remaining) at the Hillsboro Hops (a team named after a beer ingredient) looks like it ended up being pretty interesting.    More interestingly, the game previous to the one I heard went 19 innings.   Yikes.

The audio stinks.  Sorry.

I didn’t mention it in the podcast, but I saw 5 religious billboards today.   I’m thinking about keeping a daily count.

Tour Diary

About the Author: Sam Mulvey

Sam Mulvey is a producer and the technical brain behind Ask an Atheist. He is a collector of vinegar varieties, vintage computers, antique radios, and propaganda.

5 Comments 1 Trackback
Mike Gillis July 9, 2013 at 2:59 am

For the record, I believe kryptonite is a space metal.

Jim Houston July 9, 2013 at 7:50 am

Enjoyed the road diary, thought the audio was fine. Please keep ’em coming.

BC Rationalist July 9, 2013 at 8:45 am

Perhaps I need more Ritalin in my daily cocktails but I didn’t realize you were going to be doing quick audio blogs like this on your trip. Great thing to run across.

Sam Mulvey July 9, 2013 at 10:06 am

Like I said in the podcast, originally it was just going to be blog updates. But a friend pointed out that a radio show should probably stick to the medium it’s good at.

BluePrint July 9, 2013 at 9:15 am

As you probably know by now if you followed the links or fed a search engine, Space Metal is the subtitle of the Star One music album.
The musical ganre is known as Power Metal in which the lyrics, more often than not, are fantasy and sci-fi themed.
And excellent band named Blind Guardian, for example, has a concept album titled: Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

Ask an Atheist Radio Show Goes On Tour July 10, 2013 at 3:45 pm

[…] of a month. Visit their website for complete schedule details as well as their day-by-day audio diary of the […]