This Week: Crazy People

Four Days at Camp Quest

This week, Ask an Atheist takes you to the inaugural year of Camp Quest Northwest, on Samish Island.   Sam talks to counselors and campers about this unique experience.

Episode Archive

7 Comments 1 Trackback
Lauren September 16, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Can’t wait to hear the extended version. So they play Minecraft, huh?

Brian Demong September 16, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Excellent, thanks. Very frequently the first question after seeing (but before touching) the skulls was “are those real?”

Everyone had a lot fun. Looking forward to next year :)

Shameless plug of the “Just a Theory” video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcnB8hk3MHo

Ricky September 18, 2012 at 7:29 am

OK, when is the grown-up Camp Quest?? That sounded like so much fun!

Becky Friedman September 18, 2012 at 8:04 pm

According to Amanda Metskas, exec. director and my co-counselor this summer, one of the chapters (I think it was Camp Quest UK) conducted a Questival for grown-ups that dovetailed camp :)

Gero1369 September 19, 2012 at 6:23 am

A Questival sounds like a blast! I’d seriously consider attending one in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Michigan (I live in WI).

Az September 25, 2012 at 3:36 pm

It’s actually at least as much fun being a counselor as it is being a camper – I’ve been both!

All Camp Quest locations (over a dozen and growing!) need volunteers year-round to make it happen. You can help!

Desiree September 27, 2012 at 1:25 pm

Sounds like so much fun. I’m so jealous of the kids. Lol. Thespue kids give me hope for the next generation.

Camp Quest and Chase Giving | Ask an Atheist December 10, 2012 at 8:21 pm

[...] a follow up to this week’s Camp Quest episode, the national Camp Quest organization is only a few votes away from receiving a $20,000 [...]